Media for Richard Edlin Boat Builder & Designer
- I owned and sailed Rebbl, Richard's 10.66 Pilot House, for 3 years. I loved the yacht and always enjoyed sailing her. She handled beautifully with her 2.4mtr draw... which meant even in a good stiff 20+ knot breeze she would sail very comfortably fully rigged. Her 100hp motor also was amazing ... as I used to steam past much larger yachts... with an expression on the face of "wtf" (lol). Her accommodation was practical and comfortable, and with no compromises. Richard, please keep designing and building unique yachts. If I can, my next yacht will be an Edlin. David J. Cox
- We purchased a hull and decks to take on as a project through to completion. Richard was contracted to design up the full rigging plan and to design and build the appendages which varied from the original design. We are extremely pleased with the end result. Thanks to Richard's expertise we have a very well balanced quick little yacht with simple layout, that is easy to sail.
This first project went so well we also asked him and his team to completely restore our Idle Along sailing dinghy which they did with spectacular results. Stripping her down to bare wood and then painting, finishing and detailing her back to better than new condition. There is no question we will use Richard for any future work on either of our two yachts or any other future projects.
- It was a pleasure to work with Richard on my project.He listened to all my requests or suggestions and then discussed the merits of them before proceeding. I was very happy with the quality of the workmanship and detail that Edlin Marine Ltd achieved on the build of my new yacht. Richard makes good use of all the interior volume within the vessel to the best advantage. Keith Drummond
- Shizen is an Edlin MMS 10.5 sailing yacht owned by Jon and Yoshimi Brett. The design is a Richard Edlin Massively Modified Senior 10.5 meters length overall. Originally a Don Senior Reacher 10.1 built in 1986, fibreglass over cedar core, most of 2014 was spent upgrading it at Richard Edlin's boat shed in Matakohe. Read More plus Photos...
- Richard has been working on our boat Fusio doing upgrading & general maintenance. His work has always been at the highest standard & we have always found him totally honest & reliable. If there is work to do on Fusio Richard will be doing it, end of story.
Warrick and Alayne
- Richard Edlin's - "Do it once, do it right" attitude produces a top quality
product. John Crompton
- Richard and his team built Bad Kitty for us and she was launched about 6 years ago. Since then we have done 15,000 miles around NZ & the Pacific, with the boat performing flawlessly. Richard was a delight to work with on the project, in spite of a pedantic, indecisive owner, whose wife was also the design engineer and constantly introducing new & exotic construction details for Richard to tackle. Since the launch Richard has stayed involved with the boat's on-going development & tuning, and has also crewed on her on coastal & offshore trips. I can't speak highly enough of Richard's ability, communication & dedication to the project. I'll close by saying that when we build again Richard will be the boat builder, if he's tied up on a project we'll wait. Willy Heatly
- I first met Richard Edlin through the pre-purchase process of Mix T Motions (Edlin 8metre racing yacht) nearly 20 years ago. I had decided on the Edlin designed Mix T Motions and during the survey stages some minor repairs were required. The boat had not been maintained particularly well by her previous owner and was starting to show her age. The owner engaged Richard to complete the repairs and during these repairs was the first time meeting Richard. We immediately hit it off and the boats history was shared with me. As a parting note Richard left the ultimate challenge to the new owner of “if you want to make her go faster give me a call”. What red blooded yachty doesn’t want to make their boat go faster.
Read Full Review...